Held March 11 and 12 in the Kellogg Center at Michigan State University, the two-day conference includes meals prepared by the award-winning Kellogg Center staff, featuring many Michigan products.
Choices 2009—The Fight over Food: a Dinner Table Divided features a variety of breakout learning sessions and dynamic speakers, including:
• Wynne Wright, coeditor of The Fight over Food: Producers, Consumers and Activists Challenge the Global Food System
• Anthony Geraci, director of Food and Nutrition for the Baltimore City Public Schools
• Cynthia D’Amour, author of the Lazy Leader’s Guide to Outrageous Results
• Joseph Durochowski, executive director for the NPD Group, Food & Beverage Services
• Joanne Ikeda, founder of the Center on Weight and Health, College of Natural Resources, University of California, Berkeley
Many sessions qualify for CEUs for educators, healthcare professionals, nutritionists or dietitians. More information is available here.