The Society for Risk Analysis annual meeting will take place on 6-9 December 2009 in Baltimore, Maryland. More information is available here.
Abstract and symposium proposals are due by Monday, May 25.
Just as a starting point, here are some ideas:
• The future of Regulatory Oversight : towards a New Executive Order?
• The WTO as a Global Risk Regulator: the role of Risk assessment in WTO/GATT Decisions (following Hormones II, etc.)
• Proposals for US food safety reform (new powers for the FDA?, rules of origin?, how to improve import safety?, etc)
• International Regulatory Cooperation on impact of regulation
• International cooperation on import safety (see, i.e., Interagency Working Group in Import Safety (IWG))
• Policy Implications of the New Science of Risk Perception (neuroscience, evolutionary psychology, etc.
• Effect of E-Rulemaking on Risk Assessment Quality
• The implementation of REACH and the establishment of the European Chemical Agency